Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Freezer Power 神奇冰库

I recently burnt my favourite Corningware pot. I first tried boiling some water in the pot, and managed to get a piece off from the centre. But that was it. After that, I soaked it in baking soda, vinegar, and salt as well; I tried scrubbing it, and I boiled it many times more, but after all the hard work, only tiny flakes came off.
前几天煮珊瑚草糖水时把我最爱的康宁锅弄焦了。我先尝试在锅里煮热水,成功除掉了中间一小块。但是这以后,不管我用苏打粉、醋、盐浸泡,或是怎么擦刷,或是一煮再煮,费尽了九牛二虎之力,都只能去除小小的屑片。

Then I put it in the freezer. See how it turned out!
然后我把它放在冰箱冷藏库里。请看效果如何∶

This is amazing. Almost the entire piece of burnt char came off. After scrubbing it lightly with a wooden chopstick, I was only left with a tiny stubborn piece. Then I employed the previous methods again, plus another - tomato - all with no success, so I left it in the freezer once again. Immediately after taking it out, I tickled it lightly with a metal spoon, off it came, as easy as ABC.
简直太神奇了。几乎一整块都脱落了,丝毫不费吹灰之力!我用木筷轻轻刮了刮,只剩下顽固的一小块。我又用开始的那些方法,还用了番茄,都不奏效,所以又放进冰窟。取出以后,我马上用汤匙轻轻给它抓痒,就这样掉出来了,简直轻而易举。

I'd burnt an entire stainless steel pot before while making green bean soup, the whole kitchen smelled like a terrible smoking room for days, and I couldn't get the burns off of course, the pot was totally black. My father took it back and scrubbed it for me. I don't know how he did it, was told that you needed strength to do the scrubbing. Poor dad, hope it was a good exercise for him!
有一回我煮绿豆汤时把一整个钢锅烤焦了,整个厨房连续几天都像吸烟室一样臭气熏天。我当然洗不掉焦迹 ,整个锅都是黑的。老爸帮我把它带回家慢慢刮,我不知道他到底怎么做的,妈说得用力才行。可怜的老爸,希望那对他只是运动!

Well, next time I'll first let my freezer do the job. Rather, I hope there won't be another time!
下回我就把任务交给冷藏库了。或者说,希望不要再有下回!

No comments: